Saturday, June 12, 2010

Sunshine....Yeah!

Yeah the sun is shining.!  After a week of wind and rain (yes, in JUNE), it is a beautifully glorious day.  The window is open letting fresh air in, the crows are outside arguing, and the annoying I scream-from-5 am-til-midnight kids that live behind us are currently silent. 

We have the possibility of a move to the next town 10 miles away and that would be a huge blessing.  A yard, a garage, a yard, peace and quiet, and a yard.  Did I mention we would have a yard?  Front and back?  Wow!  Green stuff that grows out of the ground and you can actually walk on bare-footed and you don't have to sweep.  Although you have to mow and water, such an improvement over cement for the last 3 years.

It's near the city bus system, not too far from town, and close enough to my bestie, Starla that I can walk over to her place.  Yipppeeee!  Another perk?  Being in the same town as my grand baby.  Who recently turned 1!  And who is walking and jabbering all over the place and destroying the house from one end to the other.

I don't want to get my hopes up.  I do want what GOD wants for me, even if that means NOT moving right now.  But....I can pray and hope, right?

In other news, I may have already said this ages ago, I can't remember and I'm too lazy to look, I am a "writer" for examiner.com.  Examiner.com is an online newspaper, so to speak.  They have regional links for the entire United States.  I'm currently writing for the San Francisco/northern California edition.  I write about Christian fiction.  Book reviews, author interviews, new releases, author appearances, that sort of thing.  I would love if you would hope on over and take a look at what I've written.  If you love Christian fiction, or fiction in general, this is the place to keep up on all the latest stuff.  I recently interviewed Francine Rivers, author of countless books including Redeeming Love and her newest, Her Mother's Hope.

I have also been so busy with lots of church activities.  AWANA is on a summer break, but I recently took over directing our Children's Church program.  I'm still involved with Ruth's Room and we recently sent a care package to Pago Pago.  I will be teaching 5th and 6th graders at this year's VBS program and the women of the church are undertaking a mentoring program for our older teen and young adult women.  Add to that the fact that the church started a garden, we have a weekly craft night available, and I'm also responsible for keeping the church kitchen supplied and in working order.  Whew!  No wonder I'm so busy.

Well, off for now.  Maybe I will have a craft or two to post in the near future.  Till then....lalalalalalalala...the sun is shining!!!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Let your voice be heard!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin