Sunday, November 27, 2011

Ferndale vs. Fortuna in High School Football Championship

Ferndale takes the field; victorious over Willits.

Ferndale Wildcats, my son's high school alma mater, won a championship football game yesterday against the Willits Wolverines.  (That's my son in the lower left corner.)  On Friday night, my high school alma mater, the Fortuna Huskies won their championship game against Berean Christian.  So that means that Ferndale and Fortuna will be playing against each other, AGAIN, next week.

Read this article for some background on the rivalry between Fortuna and Ferndale.

Now given the vitriolic comments that were left on my Facebook page when I commented about the rivalry mentioned in the article above, what happens at this championship game OFF the field will be anyone's guess.  However, I want to go on the record NOW as stating the following:
  • I never said, nor suspected that the students guilty of taking the Milk Can were members of the Fortuna High football team.
  • I have the utmost respect for Coach Mike Benbow and the other members of the coaching staff at Fortuna High.  I attended Fortuna High with Coach Benbow and have always known him to be fair, honest, and a tough but likable coach.
  • I WILL be wearing Wildcat Red at the football game and I will cheer loudly for the 'Cats.
  • I will NOT engage in arguments OFF the field with other parents/fans.
If you can make it to this historical play-off game between Ferndale and Fortuna, I encourage you to attend.  It should be a tough game and when the final whistle blows, both teams will be able to say they played their hardest.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Let your voice be heard!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin