Sunday, April 11, 2010

Random Thoughts

Since I have been trapped in the house with the Crud, I've had a lot of down time.  I recently found my Ipod Shuffle that my daughter, Callie gave me a couple of Christmases ago.  I don't really listen to much of today's music, so there is mostly 80's music on my Shuffle.  Thrown in with that is some Maroon 5, Jason Mraz, and even some Veggie Tales.  (I'm a little different).  Gimme some Stevie Wonder and Frank Sinatra too.  I also have some great Christian artists on there.  Steven Curtis Chapman, Third Day,Point of Grace, Francesca Battistelli, and Keith Green.

Keith Green, for those of you that have never heard of him, was a musical artist called home to his Heavenly Father in 1982.  I was 15 at the time and didn't even know Keith Green existed.  My cousin had given me his So You Wanna Go Back to Egypt record and I probably had it laying around for a couple years before I actually listened to the whole album and what the songs were actually saying.  It changed my life. 



I know people have said that about music before, but I can't describe it any other way.  God spoke to me through Keith's music.  The songs helped me see my need to follow GOD completely and totally.  The songs showed me how much GOD wants a relationship with us.

Soon my record player died and life went on.  But every time I thought of those songs, they touched my heart.  Sometime in the early 90's I  came across No Compromise, the book written by Keith's wife, Melody Green.

This book told about Keith and Melody's conversion to Christianity and their journey to live out the Christianity of the Bible.  It is an amazing story.  It also showed my things about myself I hadn't realized before.  Since I only had the one record of Keith's and record players are now dinosaurs, I wasn't sure I would ever hear those songs again.

Thank goodness for technology!  I can now listen to these songs again thanks to iTunes. 

God is good.
All the time.
All the time.
God is good.


2 comments:

  1. Hey Honey. I'm just popping in to see how you're feeling. Getting better everyday I hope.

    You sound exactly like me with your music. I am so still loving the 80's. That will always be some of my fondest memories. I like Jason Mraz. I don't have an ipod, I'm so out of touch. If I did you would find the 80's music, plus Tony Bennet, Nat King Cole, Billie Holiday, Aretha Franklin, Al Greene, Old country, new country, blues and soul, Andre Bucelli, and old time gospel. We are more alike then you know.

    Get well and have a better week. Love and hugs...Tracy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wasn't Keith Green the man who passed in a plane crash? For some reason that situation is coming to mind...ummm...

    When I worked at Berean Christian Store in high school and some during college, I got a chance to listen to a ton of Christian artists that I normally wouldn't have given a second glance to. I found that I love so many and was lucky enough to meet some! I actually got to met all the members of Third Day, Jars of Clay, Newsboys, Supertones and Switch Foot. Pretty darn cool!

    ReplyDelete

Let your voice be heard!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin