Monday, May 31, 2010

Memorial Day - 2010

I don't know the author of this poem.  If you do, please let me know so the person can receive the proper credit.

It is the Veteran

It is the VETERAN, not the preacher, who has given us freedom of religion.

It is the VETERAN, not the reporter, who has given us the freedom of the press.

It is the VETERAN, not the poet, who has given us freedom of speech.

It is the VETERAN, not the campus organizer, who has given us the freedom to assemble.

It is the VETERAN, not the lawyer, who has given us the right to a fair trial.

It is the VETERAN, not the politician, who has given us the right to vote.

It is the VETERAN who salutes the Flag every time it passes by.

It is the VETERAN who serves under the Flag, even if it means he has to die.

Thank a VETERAN today, and every time you see one.





1 comment:

  1. Hey Cindi. I'm behind as usual reading post and keeping up. Thank you so much for sharing this one. You put so much time into your post and they're always so touching. Boy this one really brought tears to my eyes. My father served his time during WWII. He wasn't career military but he along with most men served his country. I'm proud to say Ty (my son) did too. Even though I would have never encouraged him to join the army (being a Mama of an only child) I sure am proud of him.

    I've had you on my mind a lot lately. I know your thinking she says that every time but it's really true. If I get a chance I'll try and email you tomorrow with what little I've learned about Social Spark.

    Have a blessed day Sweetie! ooxx's...Tracy :)

    ReplyDelete

Let your voice be heard!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin