Wednesday, May 5, 2010

What Has Happened to My Life?

When you are a kid, you think summers last all year long.  You think that when they tell you to come in when it gets dark that you have hours and hours before you have to go in.  And you think that when grown-ups tell you that time flies the older they get that they have no idea what they are talking about.

FLASH FOWARD!

I'm the grown-up and time flies faster and faster every year.  Who am I kidding?  Every day!  I remember when I had first quit my job in December and was trying to make ends meet that i was busy as I crafted, attended shows, and blogged.  Hahahaha....and a great big HA!  WHAT HAS HAPPENED TO MY LIFE?!?

I have less time now than I did when I was working.  I have waaaaay more blogs that I follow and still no time to read them, much less comment.  I have no idea where the time between Christmas and almost summer went, but Whoa!  SLOW DOWN!  I can't see anything as time goes whizzing by me with so many things I am missing. 

I know what my parents were talking about.  My cousin, who I grew up with and played Clue and Monopoly and Life with...just turned 50!  Are you kidding me?  That means I'm getting old!  How did this happen?  What?  My ears are getting bad. 

Did you say "Life is What Happens While You Are Busy Making Plans?"

Yep...that's what I thought you said.


2 comments:

  1. You gotta love that time-space continuum that we can only wrap our heads around when we are 'old' and realize we have no time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't want to grow old - I might miss something!

    ReplyDelete

Let your voice be heard!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin