Sunday, November 8, 2009

Do You Ever Feel Like Screaming?



I'm sure many of you recognize this painting.  Some of you may even know its title, "The Scream."  It was painted by Edvard Munch in 1893.  It has been appropriated by such pop culture icons such as The Simpsons and  Andy Warhol.

I'm kind of feeling like the man on the bridge in this painting.  I'm tired, stressed, excited, and anxious.  I want to scream, although I know it won't help and I won't really feel any better than before I excercised my vocal cords.  As I get older I realize that there are situations that will come and go and it is not the end of the world.  I am a person that needs to feel in comtrol of my surroundngs and when I feel that control slipping I begin to feel like Edvard Munch's subject.  But I have heard it said, in a song I think, there is freedom in the letting go.  And I've begun to see that the statement is a true one.  I don't need to contol everything because that isn't my job.  It's GOD's job.  There is only one God and I'm not Him. 

So while I may feel like screaming sometimes, I do less and less of it these days.  I've learned it accomplishes nothing but straining my throat and raising my blood pressure.  I would rather be screaming for joy or to urge smeone on in their efforts for success. (By the way, my son's football team is undefeated and they have one game left.  Go Wildcats!  To read the latest newspaper write up, go here.)

Well, I think that this 30 days, 30 posts thingy is gonna be good for me.  Some posts may only be a few words or a picture or two.  But I find that I like the routine and the commitment that is required of me.

Till next time, thank GOD for each glorious day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let your voice be heard!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin