first let me say i found this awesome picture here
Now...down to business. What makes a person think i want to buy salvation from a door-to-door salesman? I'm talking about jehovah's witnesses and mormans. I will be the first to admit that i have been friends with mormans and jehovah's witnesses in the past and have nothing against them as people. HOWEVER...i don't appreciate the robotic, saccharine, smiles and concerned looks from those that knock on my door and ask if i would like to hear about the answer to all my problems like salvation is the latest gadget and this person just discovered HE has the answers. Don't get me wrong, i believe we should all be enthusiastic about letting others know that there is only one way to heaven. BUT, that is not what these people believe.
Just to set aside any confusion, here is what i believe and KNOW to be true.
1. The world and everything in it was created by GOD.
2. Jesus is the son of GOD and He came to earth as a human and while a human DID NOT SIN.
3. Jesus was crucified as payment for my sin since a perfect blood sacrifice is required for forgiveness of sin.
4. Jesus was dead 3 days and was resurrected, walked among men, and then ascended to His heavenly father.
5. The Holy Spirit was sent to comfort, lead, guide, convict so the lost would find salvation and the saved would grow in the wisdom and knowledge of GOD.
6. The Bible is the GOD-breathed, infallible word of GOD and is the instruction book for Christians to live an upright life.
7. JESUS IS THE ONLY WAY TO GET TO HEAVEN, ETERNAL LIFE, BLISS, NIRVANA,ETC.
Whatever you want to call what happens to our soul when we die, unless you want to burn eternally with a fire that does not go out, you need to put your trust in Christ.
That being said, do not come to my door or stop me on the street to sell your phony idea of salvation. Unless you wanna talk about how Jesus rescued you from yourself and you now have a home in Heaven i don't want what you are selling.
Tonight two beautiful young ladies came to my door. They were modestly dressed and were very polite. They also wore badges that said they belong to the church of Jesus Christ of latter-day saints. I told them we believed in Jesus and were not interested in what they were selling. they asked if we knew anyone who could benefit from hearing about Jesus Christ. i told them yes i did, just not from them. i thanked them, told them to have a nice evening, and shut the door.
next time they come by maybe i will tell them i would be happy to listen to what they have to say after they pay a visit to MY church and listened to what MY Bible has to say about Jesus.