Friday, March 19, 2010

I Am Surrounded By Geniuses

I don't know how I got so blessed...but God's ways are not my ways so who am I to try to figure it out?

I have to start by saying...it feels like  have been away forever!  You know I was busy for awhile helping Starla put together the fashion show for Ruth's Room (still waiting on the pics for that, ugh!)  Then I was attacked by a cold/flu bug that still has its little germs in me and while I was fighting that I had a dental emergency that required me to take antibiotics.  Which caused me to break out!  After spending $94 on them!  Now on a 2nd antibiotic and doing well.  The sun has been shining all week and I have been enjoying the time spent with BunBun.  Next big project?  The annual AWANA yard sale that I am spearheading.
Anyway...back to being blessed.

I've told you all about Gail and her amazing shoe-painting talent.  And I've told you about Roger and his amazing air-brush painting talent.  And now comes Starla and her amazing refashioned apron-making talent.



Gail recently bought a book/magazine called "Altered Couture." 

She brought it to Ruth's Room and we all oohed and aahed over the different projects.  Starla recently borrowed Gail's book and refashioned some military shirts into some adorable aprons.  Go check out her blog, ReFashioned Threads, and see for yourself.  And these amazing aprons are for sale! 

...now if I can just get some of this talent that surrounds me to rub off on me somehow....


3 comments:

  1. I'm sorry you've been under the weather! That's never good! At least the sun's been shining!

    I'll have to take a look at your friends blog...I'm always looking for cool ideas and great deals!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you feeling better!!! Spring sickness is the worst...well maybe Christmas sickness is the worst...but being ill in the Spring really stinks! But hey - now you're in the clear!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you put up a post! Even more surprised that is was about my aprons!!! love ya

    ReplyDelete

Let your voice be heard!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin