Saturday, March 20, 2010

My Thomas Paul Matryoska Tote


I was recently given the opportunity by CSN.com to choose something from their over 200 stores online.  The only thing required of me was to write a review of the product I chose.  I chose a tote bag designed by Thomas Paul.  To be more specific, I chose the Thomas Paul Matryoska Tote in red.  The bag recently arrived, so here is my review.

The colors on the bag are outstanding and the graphics is absolutely adorable.  It's a little hard to tell in this picture, but the pink part of the matroyska's dress is a little woodland scene with deer.  It reminds me of Jan Brett illustrations.  The handle is sturdy and the zipper is a good quality zipper.  The tote is also nice and roomy, measuring 14" x 16".  It's made from canvas so I can throw it in the wash if I need to.  I haven't done that yet.  The only thing I would say that is negative is that the canvas is not very thick.  Yes, that makes the bag lightweight, but I'm not sure how it will stand up to wear and tear.  The cost for this tote from csn.com is $36 which includes shipping.  That's a good price, I suppose, for a designer tote.  However, I'm a cheapskate and I would never have bought something for that price, no matter who the designer.  I did appreciate being contacted by CSN stores and love my tote bag.

And in case you don't know what a matryoska is, according to wikipedia.com, it's a Russian nested doll or a babushka doll.

2 comments:

  1. The tote looks lovely and wasn't it nice to get something and not have to make it yourself?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh' that tote really is cute Cindi. I hope your having a fun weekend. Still thinking of you and keeping you in my prayers.

    I always wondered how so many people get to do reviews for CSN stores, which I'd never heard of before blogland.

    Have a bright and beautiful Sunday Sweetie! Hugs.....Tracy :)

    ReplyDelete

Let your voice be heard!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin