Sunday, March 7, 2010

Not Much To Say...

...but i wanted to put this out there.  i don't really feel like capitalizing right now, so please deal with it if that kind of thing bugs you.  i have all sorts of wonderful things to post this week, but i was sort of weary yesterday morning.  the anticipation for the fashion show was high and satan and his minions were ready to attack.  GOD is always victorious though.  so...before the fashion show began, i gathered the girls and two of our helpers in a back room to pray while starla went to spiritual battle.  the power of the holy spirit took over during the prayer and i felt like i was about to fly through the roof.  GOD IS ETERNALLY VICTORIOUS!  that's all i have to say, except i leave you with the following scripture.

this translation is taken from the complete jewish bible; if you would like to read the scripture in another translation, visit biblegateway.com.

romans 12:9-21

don't let love be a mere outward show. recoil from what is evil, and cling to what is good.  love each other devotedly and with brotherly love; and set examples for each other in showing respect.  don't be lazy when hard work is needed, but serve the LORD with spiritual fervor.  rejoice in your hope, be patient in your troubles, and continue steadfastly in prayer.  share what you have with God's people, and practice hospitality.

bless those who persecute you-bless them, don't curse them!  rejoice with those who rejoice, and weep with those who weep.  be sensitive to each other's needs-don't think yourselves better than others, but make humble people your friends.  don't be conceited.  repay no evil for evil, but try to do what everyone regards as good.  if possible, and to the extent that it depends on you, live in peace with all people.  never seek revenge, my friends; instead, leave that to God's anger; for in the Tanakh it is written,

"Adonai says, 'vengeance is my responsibility; I will repay.'"
on the contrary,
if your enemy is hungry, feed him; if he is thirsty, give him something to drink. for by doing this, you will heap fiery coals of shame on his head.
do not be conquered by evil, but conquer evil with good.


A Brother Who Sins Against You
matthew 18:15-19
niv translation


If your brother sins against you, go and show him his fault, just between the two of you. If he listens to you, you have won your brother over. But if he will not listen, take one or two others along, so that 'every matter may be established by the testimony of two or three witnesses.' If he refuses to listen to them, tell it to the church; and if he refuses to listen even to the church, treat him as you would a pagan or a tax collector.
I tell you the truth, whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven.
Again, I tell you that if two of you on earth agree about anything you ask for, it will be done for you by my Father in heaven. For where two or three come together in my name, there am I with them.


matthew 22:35-40
new king james translation


Then one of them, a lawyer, asked Him a question, testing Him, and saying, “Teacher, which is the great commandment in the law?”


 Jesus said to him, “ ‘You shall love the LORD your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind.’  This is the first and great commandment.  And the second is like it: ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself.’  On these two commandments hang all the Law and the Prophets.”

8 comments:

  1. I am praying for you as you fight your battles with Satan.

    I am praying for my family as we fight Satan's attempt to tear us apart daily. And then I pray for my children after they have gone to peaceful slumber, I pray that they will have the tools and the skills for theif battles.

    Finally, I offer prayers of Thanksgiving, to God, for taking such amazingly awesomely good care of us. He is sooo real, soooo genuine, sooooo inspiring. To those who don't know Him, I am soooo sorry. To those of us who do know him, pray with me as we fight Satan together! We can do this, Prayer Warriors! We can!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Every since Pastor said, "Revival" from the pulpit- it has been heating up. We are having revival the last week in March into April. I do not fear the Enemy for I have read the BOOK and know how the story ends!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. TO MY BEAUTIFUL WIFFIE POOH:I LOVE YOU WITH ALL MY HEART,MY LIFE WOULD NOT BE COMPLETE WITH OUT SEEING YOUR BEAUTIFUL FACE EVERYDAY. LOVE YOUR BUN BUN

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Cindi. I'm sorry I didn't get to come by sooner, we've been gone all day running errands until after dark.

    Thanks for coming by and commenting on Miracle Mondays. You are always such a blessing to me.

    I take it the fashion show concluded victoriously. You put your heart and soul into everything and it's obvious. You generous and kind hearted and I can see you serve the Lord and everyone else with great joy. I love having your friendship and prayers.

    I really love this post it is clear to me that you've passed on a much need lesson to me today. Thank yo

    What a sweet message from Bun Bun. I'm keeping you in my prayers and am here anytime you need me.

    Love and hugs...Tracy :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for reminding me how powerful prayer can be :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the way you wrote this post...the power of prayer is a beautiful thing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cindi needs some healing prayer as she is battling being sick - ucky cold, go away-

    ReplyDelete

Let your voice be heard!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin