Sunday, January 3, 2010

Sunday Scriptures...and Some Other Stuff

+ +One of the things I really want to accomplish this year is to draw closer to GOD.  Many of you are making the same commitment.  I don't like to use the word "resolutions" because even though I am "resolving" to change something, I think of it as something that may or may not happen.  If I tell myself I am going to do it, then I feel better about it. 

Being in the center of GOD's will is part of drawing closer to Him.  I would like to share a few points of my pastor's sermon from this morning.  His sermon was titled "Thy Will Be Done in 2K10."  The scripture for this sermon is The Lord's Prayer.  Many of us have said this prayer many times, but have we really thought about the words we are saying.  "Our Father in heaven, Hallowed be Your name.  Your kingdom come. Your will be done On earth as it is in heaven."  We all know that GOD is the final authority in heaven.  HE should also be the final authority in our lives.  By seeking to be in GOD's will we are asking to be molded and shaped into what He wants us to be.  We are saying, "Lord, regardless of any pain and suffering, I want to follow the plan you have for me."  We are also saying, " Father, no matter where you lead me, I will follow."  As we pray these things, we can rest assured that we will be blessed and we will glorify the name of Christ.  Sometimes we have to go through things that are no fun and require sleepless nights.  But we can rest assured that as we follow His plan and speak His words, He will be glorified and we will be lifted up to the Father. 
"So shall My word be that goes forth from My mouth;

It shall not return to Me void,
But it shall accomplish what I please,
And it shall prosper in the thing for which I sent it."
~Isaiah 55:11

 “Two men went up to the temple to pray, one a Pharisee and the other a tax collector.  The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself, ‘God, I thank You that I am not like other men—extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even as this tax collector. I fast twice a week; I give tithes of all that I possess.’  And the tax collector, standing afar off, would not so much as raise his eyes to heaven, but beat his breast, saying, ‘God, be merciful to me a sinner!’  I tell you, this man went down to his house justified rather than the other; for everyone who exalts himself will be humbled, and he who humbles himself will be exalted"
~Luke 18:10-14


A quote from Oswald Chambers that I think goes well with finding and doing GOD's will :

A saint's life is in the hands of God as a bow and arrow in the hands of an archer. God is aiming at something the saint cannot see; He stretches and strains, and every now and again the saint says, I cannot stand any more. But God does not heed; He goes on stretching until His purpose is in sight, then He lets fly.



+ + Over at ReFashioned Threads, Starla is hosting a terrific giveaway!  It is for one of her t-shirt throws and each of her followers will contribute the shirts.  Go check it out and if you aren't already a follower, become one so you can get in on this fantastic chance for a one-of-a-kind blanket/throw!

+ + If you haven't noticed, there is a poll to the right of this post.  I would really appreciate it if you would take a minute and answer it for me.  I really want to accomplish more with this blog and I need your help to do so.  So take a sec and answer it, k?

1 comment:

  1. Hi Cindi! Thanks for the comment! Yes, you may have full use of strumpet. Slattern is also a tremendous word!

    ReplyDelete

Let your voice be heard!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin